At Stage 1 we consulted on our initial proposals and options for the construction of Sizewell C and associated development including an accommodation campus, transport by rail and sea, park and ride and road improvements.
Overall 1,298 responses were received at Stage 1 Consultation, which ran from November 2012 to February 2013. The consultation included:
- Direct engagement with over 4,000 local people;
- Exhibitions, drop-in sessions and meetings with residents;
- Presentations to parish and district councils;
- Meetings with the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership, business organisations and chambers of commerce; and
- Working with groups representing people with disabilities, older people, minority ethnic groups and young people.
Feedback from this first stage of consultation, along with technical workshops and information from further studies, modelling and assessments will help shape the plans published at Stage 2 Consultation.
Find out more about our plans and proposals for Stage 2 Consultation.